Followers

Sunday, 6 April 2008

Daring cardmakers & 4x4 oriental


Two very quick cards today one for Daring cardmakers who's brief was
Shrink to Fit
You are allowed to cover no more than a 5x5cms area of your card with paper or embellishment - the rest of the card must be left plain.
How you use those valuable cms is up to you. So you may choose to split up those cms to use around your card, or use them in a block or a line. It might help to cut a few 5x5cm squares then cut those up to work out good ways of using your allotment. Making your whole card a miniscule 5x5cms is NOT an option!! Lets have no cheating (I know what you lot are like.....),but because I'm feeling generous, I'm going to let you add a SIMPLE greeting as extra to your 5x5 allowance! :-)
for this card i have used scraps from my stash, the feet are also from my stash.
I found this a very quick card to make once i had decided what to do.
The second card is for 4x4 Friday Oriental
this card i have used my far East stack by DCWV as the base card
the image is a sticker by penny black,
ribbon from my stash

16 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow two wonderful pieces. Great work.

filetta said...

very beautiful 4X4 about Orient ! lovely

mar1ene said...

Both are gorgeous but the Oriental one is truly stunning!!! love the design and colours :)

Deb said...

Fabulous cards Deb, very sweet DCM card and the oriental one is so gorgeous. I am not showing mine now I wasn't liking it and really don't like it now!

Femmy said...

beautiful oriental card!!

Silvia said...

Love your oriental 4x4, looks beautiful.

Jane said...

how lovely ! so cute !

Jane said...

how lovely ! so cute !

Barbara Hagerty said...

Very lovely Oriental card! The bamboo is so well done it looks hand painted!!

Anice said...

Great cards. Lovely work!
Anice xx

Hazel said...

Great cards - love the oriental - beautiful

Cardmaking Galore said...

Both cards are great. The one for the DCM challenge is really cute

Beth said...

Ooh, I love the little feet, so cute!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous cards.
I'm loving the ultra simple baby cards this dare has inspired - they are soooo sweet

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow!! Such 2 gorgeous and beautiful cards! I love the baby card so much!

Fantastic work!!!

Thank you for linking my blog, I have you now also linked... ;-) Thanks!

Zimtschnecke said...

Urgh, please excuse my bad english!