Followers

Tuesday, 27 January 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar ~ Love is in the Air






For our Challenge this week we would like you to make a card or a gift with the theme Love is in the Air.



while tidying my craft stash up I came accross a packet of 7 Gypsies Adore Tissue paper (can't even remember buying this)Lol and decided to have a go at melting it onto a candle, now I have done smaller images before but never the whole candle so it was a bit of an experiment but i think it turned out really well, The card was made using a piece of the same tissue paper and some cream and brown cardstock the image is from Whiff of joy called Teenager Lizzie,The Ribbon and Hearts are from my stash.



I also made a gift box for the candle,
Sorry about the bad photos I am Shocking at taking pictures I think I need more practice Lol



14 comments:

mar1ene said...

This is a fabulous project Debbie, love it :)
Have a great day!
Hugs, Marlene x

Natalie said...

What a gorgeous card and candle. x

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Deb this is fab, I cannot believe yu covered a whole candle, I have enough trouble with just a small image. Love the colours and the lovely WO image
big hugs
Jacqui x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous creations Debbie and love your candle and the little box you made, The card is also beautiful and I love the sweet image, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Pascale said...

How stunning and I think your photography is great. Pascale :)

Bubbles said...

Wow Debbie your card and matching candle are fabulous, the brown colour scheme is so well suited to the image to.
Joanne x

Shell said...

Fab candle Debbie what a great idea and matching card the're both lovely. x

Deb said...

I absolutely love this gift and card set, the candle is amazing, very clever to try the printed tissue paper and very tricky I imagine! the box is such a fabulous finish to the whole gift, love it!

Bev said...

What an amazing project Debbie - wowzers girl, it's fantastic! Love the gorge colours you ahve used and how perfect is that candle, and all covered too (I had great difficulty just getting one image on without ending up with a soggy, gloopy mess lol)
hugs Bev x

Camilla said...

WOW Debbie! Your giftset is fantastic!! Love the candle:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Rach said...

fabulous card and matching candle with gift box...brilliant project, Debbie, hugs rachxx

Andrea, said...

Fabulous project Debbie, the candle looks great and the card is so pretty. have a good day

InkHearts said...

Your candle is great, Debbie! How did you do it? Come on, spill your secrets, sister! LOL

Blessings,
Shannon

Trina said...

Wow, this is awesome!! I just love this candle, and the card is gorgeous too! Love the image and the paper you used!