Followers

Saturday, 10 October 2009

Saturday Spotlight Whimsy DT and CCT

Saturday Spotlight With Hidden Potential!

This week, we would like to see you DRESS UP A TREE! Take those bare branches and put something on them!! Don't have a tree stamp/image, create one! Use a photo of a tree and dress it up, use a die cut tree, or use a stick from outside and dress it up!! How do you "dress it up"?.... Use bats for Halloween ornaments, use sparkly glitter for snow, dress it up with hearts or rhinestones! Getting the idea? (If not, you can always check out what the ever so talented Spotlight Divas have done!) Links are in my side bar


Our sponsor this week's is:

For my card this week I have used the beautiful DRS Fir Tree O image (L236) and dressed the trees with lots of the little gem stars in different colours.I always seem to be left with these and i'm never sure what to do with them.I have also added 3 punched stars to the tops of the trees.The gorgeous Dp is MME colorful Christmas and I have added some half pearls to the corners,both these items can be found in Bunny Zoe's crafts.



Whimsy DT and Cute card Thursday


the challenge over on CCT this week is SO CHARMING they would like to see a charm somewhere on your card. A fabulous prize is on offer a $25 gift voucher donated but the fantastically generous Heidi from Simon Says Stamp
Today i have used the gorgeous Princess Emma from Whimsy Kids Collection.I am also going to enter my card for this week's Whimsy Stamps Challenge which is Sugar and Spice/Frogs and Snails or make a girl or boy card! I think i covered that one
Supplies:Design paper BG
Ribbon flowers and charm from my stash.

I would also like to say a big thank you to Ann who has very kindly made me my whimsy watermark which i have used on my card today,Thank you Sweetie
.

15 comments:

Hannah said...

wow mam fab cards i love them both soooo much !
well done

big hugs hannahxx

Erin... said...

2 fantastic cards!! Love the fun colors of your tree card and Emma looks lovely as a Christmas Princess!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Debbie, you are so amazing lady!! How do you do it all?!! TEE!! I just ADORE both of your creations!! You really rocked the tree challenge and I certainly LOVE your sweet Whimsy princess!! :) Thanks for another brilliant creation for Saturday Spotlight too!! HUGS

Danni said...

Both of these are wonderful!!

Crystal said...

These are awesome Debbie!!! love your christmas tree you created, what fun colors....You second card is beautiful!!!

Annie said...

how fabulous! love your colouring and the cute little princess on your card for this week's CCT challenge. thanks for joining in the fun with us. hugs, annie x

Jessica G. said...

Beautifully decorated tree in non-traditional holiday colors and sweet little traditional holiday princess, too! Great coloring and the DPs are the perfect accents!!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful cards, I love how you have added the gems to the trees, they look fab and your 2nd card is wonderful, great image and colours

Rach said...

fabulous cards Debbie, love them both.. xx

Deb said...

wow, fabulous cards, gorgeous trees and love Princess Emma on a Christmas card, great idea! you must be well sorted with your chrissy cards by now! I have a lot of catching up to do! hugs Deb x

Maria Matter said...

Hi Debbie!
I love the clean, fresh look of your dressed up trees....I could see me mass producing this one for the holiday! Beautifully done!

And your Emma card is so lovely, fab coloring, flower & charm! :)
Blessings, Maria

Dawn B. said...

Debbie you did a great job with this week's challenge.. I love the stars at the top of your trees.. Great job...

Shell said...

Great cards Debbie love the Emma stamp reminds me of my Emma (my little princess Shell :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Both creations are awesome!! Love how your dressed up your tree and the colors/papers on our 2nd card are perfect! Well done!!!!

Susan said...

I just love these trees! The bright colors just cheered me up! And that Princess Emma is just gorgeous! great papers and I love that layout! And she's colored so beautifully. Just love her!

Hugs to you,

Susan