Followers

Saturday, 6 February 2010

Whimsy DT

book1

Today I would like to show you something I have been working on all week,I attend a small stitching group on a Thursday. I am trying to convert them to cards and they are trying to get me to stitch,well I finally gave in, I have stamped the cute Owl from Whimsy Stamps with stazon onto calico,then I have used some french knots and some random straight stitches to fill the picture in,it was a lot like colouring in but only using a needle and thread instead.Below is a close up of the owl

book

Supplies:DCWV The Green Stack
Flower punches, Ribbon,
Owl charm from Bunny Zoe's crafts

Sorry about the lousy pic's the weather is not to great here at the moment

9 comments:

SemSee said...

WOW Debbie - this is amazing!! I've never seen a stamp used like this before, and your stitching is wonderful! Hugs, Simonne x

Deb said...

the book looks fabulous, such a great idea and gorgeous stitching! Love the matching owl charm too! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi ya debbie! what a great card! I love all the little details to it.

Shell said...

Debbie it's fab, you should be proud of your stitching it's great, you've made that little owl hoot! Shell x

Andrea, said...

Oh he looks great stitched Debbie, what a fab idea

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Debbie!! I've never seen such a thing!! This is just awesome!! TFS! HUGS

COCO said...

oh very nice creation !!!
hugs coco

Annie said...

oo Debbie, clever you! and love the card you made with your gorgeous stitched owl.
hugs, annie x

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Wow, he looks fab! Love the stitched effect! Hugs, Nikki x